And here's some initial UI experiments with the new fonts and colors. Still a WIP!
Also @dansup offered help to open an IRC channel for anfora. What do you think? I'm more confortable using Matrix (has integration with redis but sometimes things don't arrive). Are you interested in a comunication channel like this as anfora is approaching the MVP? 😀
Hi folks! Just wanted to give a quick update on where I'm at with morii development. I've decided to hold off on building more of the app until the pixelfed/anfora APIs are able to be tested with in production. I did this for a couple reasons, but mostly I'm shallow and I'm way more motivated to build things if I can get tangible progress towards my goal as I'm working :)
Quick update. Today I've finished my holidays. This means that starting tomorrow I'll work again on anfora to finish timelines. I'll release a MVP without federation working and then I'll work on it (help is welcome). I want to pay an artist for a couple of logos so probably I'll open a patreon or a donation page but this will come later.
- The glitches are something of my pc recording, not the UI
- The UI for the image's upload is in two columns because the idea is to add the option to upload multiple images. I want to add first a nice looking drag & drop with the option to select the image you are configuring
This is how profiles look right now. There are things to change but first I need to keep adding code to the server. Strange things happen with the aspect ratios but I need to investigate more 🔍 I think they look cool but what is your opinion? Also the purple band is customizable as the colors in the ui
I understand forking a project, but why would you wait until its done? Doesn't that defeat the purpose if you still rely on the origin?
Why not just work together?
I'm not worried about pixelfed forks because I have been open to feedback and almost every PR has been merged. Our enemy is not another fediverse developer, its the corporate silo'd social media. Its in everyones best interest to work together.
mastodon/fediverse discussion Show more
I think it could be a good option for people who do not have the time or ability to choose. And it would help balancing the load on the fediverse as well.
Plus, you could put a "signup" link or button anywhere without dealing with the whole instance concept.
- Where is federation?? The code is there and I have more not pushed. I had a problem with my test instance. Doesn't seem a problem related to the code but with the connection to other instances (I get 404 everywhere) I need to investigate it but don't know when I'll do it.
I want to keep you updated with my plan:
- ⌛ I want to have a running instance by the 3rd of august.
- The client should be functional by the end of this week.
- 🚊The basics endpoints for the API are working but I need to keep adding things.
This is an optimistic plan but is what I'm trying to do.
Also I'll upload a how to install guide and I need to update 🕸️
What features do you expect from this project and are not thing you usually see on instagram/500px?
I'll add the option to choose license and reblogs, anything else?
I'm working hard to get something useful for the community but I'm just one person. If you want to help you can contribute on the code or commenting things that you would like or expect to see in the project.
Let's do this!
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!