When porting Windows games to Linux, please remember to:
* start in windowed mode by default,
* disable focus stealing at startup,
* disable locking the mouse cursor to the window,
* make sure you can move the window between workspaces,
* make sure you can switch to other applications,
* make sure the mouse cursor doesn't permanently disappear when you do so,
* make sure you can skip any and all cinematic sequences.
Your game is not the only application running, like on Windows.
a handy guide to desktop gamedev Show more
good: porting your game to everything
bad: only developing for Windows
worse: only for Windows and Mac
worser: runs on all browsers, but requires a plugin
worserse: it's coded in JS
perfect: runs on every *nix/POSIX, the rest can suck on it
Are French ads weirder than American ads or is it just the French language that makes them seem that way?
I code for money.
I sculpt for money.
I make stuff for money.
But money is not the goal. The goal is the time to work on stuff for free.
I'm open for commission works. If you pay me for shit, you help me to spend it on other shit.
I accept bitcoin.
I'm running an Ethical Innovation company.
Welcome to my world.
I'm cold as a fridge in real life.
I've used some of this:
This AP is a beast.