Corona-Warn-App (and #CCTG) 1.13 will be available soon: https://www.coronawarn.app/en/blog/2021-02-26-corona-warn-app-1-13-announcement/
Unfortunately the mentioned data donation and survey features depend on the proprietary google safetynet implementation and thus cannot be made available in #CCTG.
There is a wishlist ticket that discusses looking for alternatives but currently nothing is in sight: https://github.com/corona-warn-app/cwa-wishlist/issues/356
There is a ton of amazing free software projects I use every day and for today's "I love free software"-day I would want to thank all of their contributors, but that's close to impossible. So I'm just mentioning a few projects I use and hope that my words somehow reach as many free software contributors as possible :)
Corona und Datenschutz: Julian Nida-Rümelin verdreht noch mehr Tatsachen, als ich zunächst dachte.
#microG Services Core v0.2.16.204713 is now available:
- Fixes issues with Corona-Warn-App 1.9.1
- Adds support for adb backup / seedvault
- A few fixes and improvements
Detailed changelog: https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.16.204713
#microG Services Core v0.2.15.204713 is here. 🎉
- Adds support for Vision Barcode API (used for QR code scanning in multiple apps)
- All kinds of improvements and bug fixes for Exposure Notification API.
- And of course, numerous bugs fixed.
Detailed changelog: https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.15.204713
Corona Contact Tracing Germany now on F-Droid 🚀
No dependency to Google, no microg app required. Pure open source, built reproducibly.
(This time posting the correct URL 🙂)
Sooo this corona warn app seems to work without play service code now, thanks to @larma ! 🎉
Currently you'll have to self-build and it only works in debug mode, but it seems to work.
WiP build instructions here: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp/-/issues/1387#note_455703679
#microG Services Core v0.2.14.204115 released.
- Includes fixes and improvements for Exposure Notifications API
- Also fixes a lot of issues with other apps.
If you are using microG Exposure Notifications API, please update ASAP as you might be missing out exposure warnings.
See details at https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.14.204215
Download via F-Droid repository or https://microg.org/download.html
Corona-Warn-App: Weniger Datenschutz hilft auch nicht gegen Covid-19 - DER SPIEGEL - Netzwelt https://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/corona-warn-app-weniger-datenschutz-hilft-auch-nicht-gegen-covid-19-a-a3a31c6b-e876-44cb-bb84-baf95681b53f
Dino 0.2 is out!
Dino is a privacy-friendly messaging application. The 0.2 release adds message correction, improves the file upload functionality and provides more information on encryption.
Release blog post: https://dino.im/blog/2020/11/dino-0.2-release/
@microg @fdroidorg Please do upvote the issue https://github.com/corona-warn-app/cwa-app-android/issues/1483 if you agree that the German #CWA app should be on F-Droid.
Do show them that there is a user base that needs this feature.
#microG Services Core v0.2.13.203915 is now available. 🎊
- Support for Firebase Authentication
- Fixes and improvements for Exposure Notification API
- Bugfixes for Maps and Cloud Messaging
Download from the microG F-Droid repository (see https://microg.org/download.html for instructions) or GitHub (see https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.13.203915). Verify Self-Check status after upgrade.
Just released microG Services Core v0.2.12.203315 🎉
- Support for Exposure Notifications API as used by COVID-19 contact tracing apps.
- As always: tons of fixes and compatibility updates
Available on the microG F-Droid repository or via https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.12.203315
Looking for a few people to test the Exposure Notifications API of @microg
- Update your microG to http://microg.org/dl/core-en.apk
- Install and set up your local gov corona tracing app https://www.xda-developers.com/google-apple-covid-19-contact-tracing-exposure-notifications-api-app-list-countries/
- Verify that microG settings has Exposure Notifications enabled and shows the app as using it
- When you are in public tomorrow, go to microG settings again and verify that "Collected IDs" shows a higher number
- Report back here with device name and android version+rom
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!