My new hobby: launching vim in full screen mode at the Apple store
If you want to use a free open alternative to MeetUp right now, there's GetTogether:
It's currently got a lot of IT-related groups, but it can be used for any topic.
You can follow GetTogether on here:
If you want to help with its development, the source code is here:
Mozilla is shutting down their IRC servers and moving to Discord, a proprietary chat service.
Hey Mozilla, aren't we forgetting something here? Our very own "Mozilla Pledge for a Healthy Internet” states:
> Principle 2 The internet is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible.
> Principle 6 The effectiveness of the internet as a public resource depends upon interoperability (protocols, data formats, content), innovation and decentralized participation worldwide.
Docker Hub Hacked – 190k accounts, GitHub tokens revoked, Builds disabled https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19763413
2+ million IoT devices vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, allowing attackers to steal passwords:
– the website contains a list, so you can check if your devices are vulnerable
– CVE-2019-11219, CVE-2019-11220
– mitigation: dispose your vulnerable devices, or block OUTBOUND traffic to 32100/udp
Heads up to all #Riot users: with the recent attack on @matrix' infrastructure, it's possible that Riot's Google Play version got compromised. This doesn't affect Riot's F-Droid version. Just as Riot started to do now, F-Droid has always signed all its apps on an inaccessible, offline machine. For more information, see https://riot.im/reinstall
To avoid maintenance overhead, however, it's likely to happen that F-Droid users must also change the app in near future. Still, there's no need to act now.
Hi, here's our April Progress Update for the Librem 5:
#SuperTuxKart is a free open game similar to Mario Kart, featuring open source mascots as the main characters.
The latest version (1.0) was released a couple of days ago, and introduces online multiplayer 🌐
There's also a story mode, single player, local multiplayer, various game types and lots of mods.
It's available for Linux, Mac, Windows and Android:
@ChrisWere did a detailed video about it a while ago, which includes gameplay footage:
OpenSSH 8.0 available:
– contains mitigations for an scp vulnerability (CVE-2019-6111)
– adds experimental post-quantum key exchange method, based on a combination of Streamlined NTRU Prime 4591^761 and X25519
– increases the default RSA key size to 3072 bits
– includes several bug fixes
@tom79 - Fedilab developer who is adding first class pixelfed support to the mobile app!
@switchingsocial - An amazing collection of ethical, easy-to-use and privacy-conscious alternatives
Facebook always in the news. This time: Millions of passwords of Instagram users stored in plaintext:
– millions of plaintext passwords of Instagram and Facebook users were accessible to Facebook
– besides, Facebook stored 1.5 million records of users without their consent or knowledge