What do you think about #RadioLockdown, a directive that may prevent you to install new software on any radio equipment?
There is a public consultation that closes today at midnight CEST. Have your say!
Looking for a few people to test the Exposure Notifications API of @microg
- Update your microG to http://microg.org/dl/core-en.apk
- Install and set up your local gov corona tracing app https://www.xda-developers.com/google-apple-covid-19-contact-tracing-exposure-notifications-api-app-list-countries/
- Verify that microG settings has Exposure Notifications enabled and shows the app as using it
- When you are in public tomorrow, go to microG settings again and verify that "Collected IDs" shows a higher number
- Report back here with device name and android version+rom
Excellent work and yet another example that REUSE is suited also for large and old projects.
@sengi_app I just discovered your project, just what I searched for, thank you! I didn't find documentation on how to install Sengi as a web-app on my own infrastructure. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Interesting project by the Danish #FreeSoftware company Magenta: #OS2datascanner spots sensitive #GDPR related data in organisations' emails, files and other sources. It's already used by administrations in Denmark, Greece and Sweden 👍
Finally released microG Services Core v0.2.11.202414 🎉
- Includes early version of UnifiedNlp 2.0
- Works better with Android 10
- As always: tons of fixes and compatibility updates
Available on the microG F-Droid repository or via https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.11.202414
I am not using reddit under the username mar-v-in. And microG development will continue. https://gist.github.com/mar-v-in/ad8d220ea4220638c0e5861cf062e844
Why are people making up such things?
Against strong recommendations by #WHO, #Denmark does not publish their #Corona tracing app as #FreeSoftware. This is counterproductive: keeping the app proprietary eliminates transparency, effective reviews and trust.
Nothing beats taking a swim during lunch break in the #Rhine
Our extended UN open source family is growing. Looking for someone with an #OpenSource dev background but it's not a coding role.
If this #job looks interesting to anyone let me know and I can connect you to the right people. Or feel free to share with others.
The German Corona Warn App went live today. F-Droid cannot distribute the app for multiple reasons:
1) The core bluetooth contact tracing functionality is only implemented in Google play services and requires proprietary client libs to be included in the app.
2) The google api mentioned above is only available for use by apps which are whitelisted by google and distributed through the play store.
Router Freedom in Europe +++ Hamburg pro Free Software +++ European Parliament too
In our June #Newsletter read among other things about #RouterFreedom in #Europe, about a new coalition agreement in #Hamburg that puts a focus on #FreeSoftware and about the #EuropeanParliament demanding #publiccode. As always, also read about our diverse community activities.
Available in EN, ES, FR, IT, NL
Wenn du gerne News über Freie Software und Freie Gesellschaft schreibst, bist du bei @gnulinux herzlich willkommen. Du bist RedakteurIn in unserem Crowd-News-Projekt.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!