Discovered Scotland's National Performance Framework last week: http://nationalperformance.gov.scot/ - 10 years of data tracking metrics beyond GDP including income inequality, carbon, pay gap, energy, biodiversity and mental wellbeing 🙌
Some excellent events at Newspeak House London this week!
Come to @citizenbeta on Monday for altas of arguments https://attending.io/events/citizenbeta024 … and @redecentralize gathering on Thursday for project speed dating on #decentralisation and future of digital https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/redecentralize-get-together-tickets-52365395307 #redecentralize #decentralisation
Full Newspeak event calendar: https://www.nwspk.com/events
5+ years of thinking on decentralisation -> a post about:
* There’s more to decentralisation than blockchain
* Decentralisation is a tech tactic and a movement that values agency, privacy, collaboration and choice
* We need to decentralise power by distributing control, knowledge and capability to the network
* Focus on the impact and change we want to see
* An ecosystem of alternatives that work together through open protocols is more compelling than one killer app
The strength of open protocols means you're not just gambling on one project to succeed - 'why #activitypub is the future' by @Gargron https://blog.joinmastodon.org/2018/06/why-activitypub-is-the-future/ #redecentralize
There's more to decentralisation than blockchain - we need to decentralise power, by distributing control, knowledge and capability: https://medium.com/@shevski/how-decentralised-are-you-a6539eeb27ff
Some @redecentralize thoughts for the New Socialist: https://newsocialist.org.uk/do-we-really-need-a-statebook/
Digital strategist & consultant for hire. Trying to increase autonomy, collaboration and local control with @redecentralize. Ex-Open Knowledge, GDS, W3C, ODI et
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!