Hey new mastodon.social users! A few suggestions for better homes: Show more
- Are you a leftist? https://anticapitalist.party
- Love gameing, but hate GG? https://elekk.xyz
- Into technology? https://mastodon.technology
- Generalistic, but want a less noisy public timeline? https://octodon.social
- Cyberpunk? https://cybre.space
- Artist? https://mastodon.art
- Photographer? https://photog.social
- Mathematician? https://mathstodon.xyz
Feel free to tell me your interests for more suggestions!
new users, looking for apps? some alternatives to the web app: Show more
- Tusky or Mastalab are the most mature options. Subway Tooter is extremely functional, but also extremely plain-looking.
- Amaroq or sign up for the @tootapp beta.
Pinafore also works on mobile! (picture 3)
like i really wanna see someone work a crt streaming setup into their desk. the closest i've gotten was to take my 3-monitor and just replace one of the side monitors with my crt, then put the mixer next to that idk
i feel like audio production optimal layout is closer to being a solved problem than anything else -- center monitor flanked by speakers, equipment rack mounted under the stand or w/e. that's good shit!
anyway i wanna see more utilitarian setups and odd monitor layouts that are geared toward actual workflows instead of looking cool when you show off your "battlestation" or whatever
one time i saw a youtube video of a really weird triple monitor layout and the guy said it was that way bc they did a lot of CAD work and unf yes more of that kind of showing off please!!!!
like, the higher up you have to look, the smaller i'd make that monitor
my main row is 20" / 30" / 20" PLP with the dell 3017 in middle and 2007fpb on sides. i used my old lg 24" 1080p on top for glanceable info but i ended up taking it out, partially because it wasn't terribly justified, partially because i needed to use it elsewhere
if i had to re-add a 4th monitor to my desk setup i'd make it an ultrawide so that it wasn't as tall. and i'd even consider putting it *below* instead of above
at internet comments Show more
how can you call me a shill while literally shilling for a company, come on
"""intellectual property""" is a disease
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!